Monday, June 23, 2008

First Attempt at portraits

Just a few images of dd in her dance costume... These photos were taken in our family room with a makeshift backdrop and only the natural light from the windows and skylights. We were a bit rushed since dd decided she wanted to get her hair cut (significantly) and I wanted to get these portraits done as she looked for her dance recital (two weeks ago). My camera is a Canon S5IS and I used the action and portrait settings to get these photos... Definitely a FIRST attempt with minimal planning and props/equipment. Let me know if you see any you like!

2 comments:

Janice said...

I think they are gorgeous! Congrats on your first try! I'd say... trust your eye and go with what you feel!! Can't wait to see more!
Janice
ps.. thanks for visiting my blog!

Janean Campbell said...

Just stopped by from your link at scrapdoodle...This photo of your daughter is amazing...You've got some talent.